Hammersmith is located in centre of the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham in West London and is approximately 5 miles west of Charing Cross on the north bank of the River Thames. One of West London's key transport hubs and commercial and employment centres, and home to several multinational company offices Hammersmith has a great deal to offer business and personal investors in the area.
Bordered by Shepherds Bush to the north, West Kensington to the east, Fulham to the south and Chiswick to the west, the area is a favourite amongst young professionals and families.
Properties size and types vary considerably with a mixture of terraced houses, detached houses, and refurbished apartments on offer at reasonable prices.
Hammersmith is an established West London entertainment hub, with a plethora of eateries and cafes on offer. Hammersmith restaurants showcase cuisine on a global scale, with Indian, Italian, Polish and Vietnamese places serving top-notch food. It's also the location for some of London's most famous theatres, which attract acts and visitors from around the world.
Bute House Preparatory School and The St. Pauls Girls School all received “good” to “outstanding” reports from regulators Ofsted, with The West London Free School and The Godolphin and Latymer School also fairing equally well for those families relocating with Secondary School aged children.
- Barons Court (District & Piccadilly)
- Hammersmith (Hammersmith & City line)
- Hammersmith (Piccadilly & District)
- 190 (West Brompton Empress State Building - Richmond Bus Station)
- 209 (Hammersmith Lower Bus Station - Mortlake Avondale Road)
- 211 (Waterloo Station - Hammersmith Upper Bus Station)
- 220 (Wandsworth Garratt Lane - Willesden Junction Station)
- 266 (Hammersmith Lower Bus Station - Brent Cross Shopping Centre)
- 267 (Hammersmith Upper Bus Station - Fulwell Bus Garage)
- 27 (Chalk Farm Morrisons - Chiswick Business Park Bus Station)
- 283 (East Acton Brunel Road - Barnes Pond/ Barn Elms Wetland Centre (09:30-17:00 GMT/ 09:30-18:00 BST))
- 295 (Clapham Junction Falcon - Ladbroke Grove Sainsburys)
- 33 (Hammersmith Lower Bus Station - Fulwell Abellio Bus Garage)
- 391 (Sands End Sainsburys - Richmond Bus Station)
- 419 (Hammersmith Lower Bus Station - Richmond Bus Station)
- 485 (Hammersmith Lower Bus Station - Wandsworth Ram Street)
- 72 (East Acton Brunel Road - Roehampton Bessborough Road)
- N11 (Liverpool Street Station - Ealing Broadway Station)
- N9 (Aldwych - Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 via Central Bus Station / Hounslow Bus Station)
- N97 (Trafalgar Square - Hammersmith Upper Bus Station)
Roads in this area
- Hammersmith Road
- King Street
- Shepherds Bush Road
- Upper Mall
- Wolverton Gardens
- Yeldem Road