Shepherd’s Bush is a vibrant, arty, west London residential area located in the Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. Located four miles west of central London, it sits south of Westway and north of Hammersmith, with Holland Park to the east and Acton to the west.
The area is a firm favourite with first-time buyers, investors, and couples with young families and with the eclectic mix of Victorian terraces and large converted flats, there is something for all.
At the heart of Shepherd’s Bush, is the Green and has recently received a £2 million facelift to include two new playgrounds and a tree-lined boulevard, a range of new affordable and luxury developments in Shepherd's Bush and neighbouring Hammersmith are also ongoing.
With the Westfield shopping district just a short walk away, Shepherd’s Bush has fast become the place-to-be for residents and visitors alike. There are numerous bars and clubs in and around the area, as well as eateries such as Bush Hall Dining Rooms, Meat and Co and Princess Victoria serving locals and visitors an array of foods from across the globe.
For families with young children looking to relocate to the area, the Miles Coverdale Primary School and St Stephen's CofE Primary School received “outstanding” Ofsted reports in 2015, The Cardinal Vaughan Memorial RC School and Jack Tizard Secondary School also achieved this accolade.
- 148 (Camberwell Green - White City Bus Station)
- 207 (White City Bus Station - Hayes-By-Pass)
- 220 (Wandsworth Garratt Lane - Willesden Junction Station)
- 237 (White City Bus Station - Hounslow Heath)
- 260 (Golders Green Station - White City Bus Station)
- 272 (Shepherds Bush Green - Chiswick Grove Park)
- 283 (East Acton Brunel Road - Barnes Pond/ Barn Elms Wetland Centre (09:30-17:00 GMT/ 09:30-18:00 BST))
- 295 (Clapham Junction Falcon - Ladbroke Grove Sainsburys)
- 31 (Camden Town Station - White City Bus Station)
- 316 (White City Bus Station - Cricklewood Broadway)
- 49 (Clapham Junction Northcote - White City Bus Station)
- 72 (East Acton Brunel Road - Roehampton Bessborough Road)
- 94 (Piccadilly Circus - Acton Green)
- 95 (Shepherd’s Bush Green - Southall Town Hall)
- N207 (Holborn Bloomsbury Square - Uxbridge Station)
Roads in this area
- Askew Road
- Bloemfontein Road
- Coningham Road
- Frithville Gardens
- Goldhawk Road
- Uxbridge Road